Parmesan Crisps with Marinara Sauce – a quick appetizer idea that is so easy to prepare that you can hardly call it a recipe. With just few ingredients you can have a low-carb appetizer that everybody will enjoy.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 20 crisps
1 cup (100g) Parmesan, finely grated
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pound (450g) can or fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 tbsp (14g) olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp (3g) sugar
1 bay leaf
1 tsp (1g) dry oregano
red pepper flakes, optional
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Place heaping tablespoons of Parmesan at least 1 inch (3cm) apart, flattening slightly. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and dry oregano on top of each.
3. Bake for about 6-8 minutes until golden and crisp.
4. Cool completely.
5. Prepare the marinara sauce. In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook few seconds then stir in diced tomatoes. Add sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf, pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 20-25 minutes, until slightly reduced and thickened.
7. When done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
8. It keeps well refrigerated for up to a week or freeze until ready to use.
Background music: https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/best-of-times_56572